— Ingredients —
We use only the highest quality organic ingredients in our bars. Unnecessary ingredients don’t sit well with us here at Raw and Nutty. We want every bite to be packed with delicious and wholesome nutrients because let’s face it, our body is not a garbage disposal. Take a bite into raw. Taste and feel the difference.
Why are we NUTTY over Raw almonds?
The answer is simple; they are extremely good for us! All almonds start off as a good source of fiber, protein, and monounsaturated fats which help lower LDL AKA bad cholesterol. Almonds contain calcium, vitamin E, minerals, folic acid, and iron.
All nuts, raw or roasted, supply these benefits but what’s the point of these nutrients if the body isn’t actually receiving them? Studies show that raw almonds contain many enzymes that are lost once roasted, enzymes that the body needs and craves. Raw nuts preserve all their natural enzymes and nutrients. The high temperatures used when roasting nuts causes most nutrients to diminish and some even get lost completely. In order for the body to actually receive these enzymes and all the nutrients from almonds, the nuts need to be unprocessed and raw.
• Clinical studies show that almond intake helps lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
• We soak our almonds to ensure increased enzyme activity and greater absorption of the nutrients by the body allowing for increased digestibility.
Virgin coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the immune system. Research shows that the medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil boosts the body’s metabolism, raises body temperatures, and helps provide greater energy which can lead to weight loss.
• Coconut oil was once believed to be unhealthy because of its high saturated fat. It is now known that the fat in coconut oil is unique and different from most all other fats and possesses many health giving properties.
• Coconut oil has been described as “the healthiest oil on earth.”
Flaxseeds can help improve digestive health and lower cholesterol. They also contain a high number of vitamins and minerals such as manganese, magnesium, folate, copper, phosphorous, and vitamin B6. Flaxseeds are extremely high in omega 3 fatty acids and dietary fiber. Ultimately, flaxseeds help the whole body function better and they are one of the healthiest foods out there.
• Flaxseeds bind themselves with cholesterol and remove it from the body through the digestive process.
• Flaxseeds are a source of protein and a rich source of antioxidants.
Dates are rich in natural fibers and loaded with vitamins and minerals. They contain oil, calcium, sulphur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium which are advantageous for health. Dates help in fighting constipation, intestinal disorders, weight gain, heart problems, sexual weakness, diarrhea and abdominal cancer.
• When the body absorbs the nutritional value of dates, the feeling of hunger gets pacified.
• It is said that eating one date daily is necessary for a balanced and healthy diet and will help maintain healthy eyes for a lifetime.
Xylitol is a natural sugar alcohol that has been recognized by dentists and health professionals worldwide as a great alternative to white sugar. We use Xylitol because unlike sugar, xylitol is not easily converted to fat so it has almost no effect on insulin levels. This makes it a safe sugar alternative for diabetics, body builders, dieters, pregnant/nursing women, and also for babies and children.
• Xylitol is commonly found in chewing gum and breath mints as it helps prevent cavities and decreases plaque formation and bad breath.